How to Measure
Measure each window individually as sizes may vary. Record width first, then height
(length) to the nearest 1/8" (inch). Measure width from left to right, height from top to bottom using
a metal tape measure. PLEASE DO NOT USE A CLOTH TAPE AS MEASUREMENT MAY NOT BE ACCURATE!
Inside mount blinds are installed inside the window frame.
- 1. Measure the exact inside width of window frame from one inside edge to the other Take three measurements, one near the top, one in the center and one near the bottom. Record the narrowest measurement.
- 2. Measure the exact height in three places, left, center and right from top edge of opening to top of sill Record the longest measurement for horizontal blinds.
- 3. Do not take deductions on inside mount measurements The factory will take an 1/2' allowances for operating clearance.
- 4. Measure the window diagonally in two places as shown If the two diagonal measurements are not the same, we suggest an outside mount application for the best shade performance and appearance.
Outside mount blinds are installed outside the window frame, covering an area larger than the window itself.
- 1. Measure the exact width of area to be covered Be certain the measurement overlaps the window opening by at least 1 1/2" (inch) on each side to ensure privacy and light control.
- 2. Measure exact height to be covered, including desired overlap (usually from top edge of molding to bottom edge, or to top of sill). If there is no sill, measure to where the blind is to reach.
- 3. The factory does not make deductions for an outside mount.